пятница, 29 декабря 2006 г.

15 Easy Clean-Eating Snacks (Paleo, Real Food)

15 Easy Clean-Eating Snacks (Paleo, Real Food)

This list is awesome! Perfect for preventing


I am one of those types of people who need to eat every three hours or I get hangry (hungry + angry) and become a monster. It’s like I’m a totally different person, and I either go silent or lash out. Once I have a few bites of some clean-eating snacks, I can see straight again and all is well.


I remember when my sister and I were growing up, my father would make us keep granola bars in our bags/pockets/anywhere for easy access. Over the years, I’ve continued to keep food with me wherever I go and am not shy about making sure I get to eat frequently.


I know it’s worse when I’m stressed or battling adrenal issues, and fuelling my body continuously is just another tool to get my glow back!



Now that I’m more aware of what my body needs nourishment-wise and what it doesn’t need because of dietary restrictions/health problems, I’ve come up with some go-to snacks whether I’m at home or on-the-go.


Here are some of my favorite easy, nutrient-packed, clean-eating snacks:


1. Stuffed dates – medjool dates are amazing by themselves, but stuffing them with tasty treats takes them over the edge


2. Plantains & avocado are an old stand-by. Use the plantain chips to scoop out the fresh from half of an avocado (sprinkle pink salt on the avocado for even more oomph)


3. Smoothies, smoothies, smoothies


4. No-bake energy bars or balls – here’s my favorite: Pumpkin Energy Bars


5. Hardboiled eggs + avocado, fresh fruit, plantain chips, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, and pink salt



6. Pumpkin bars – combine pumpkin, medjool dates, and cashew butter for a light, cake-y bar


7. Coconut yogurt powerbowls – I make my own coconut “yogurt” by blending up fresh coconut meat or coconut milk (full fat) from a can. Top with bananas, berries, seeds, dried fruit, nut/seed butters, cacao nibs, and more for a satisfying snack


8. Kale chips, apple chips, and plantain chips are great options for some healthy crunch


9. Trail mix of your favorite dried fruit, nuts, and seeds – I like mulberries, goji berries, walnuts, pecans, and chunks of 99% dark chocolate


10. Larabars, RxBars, and That’s It Bars are great on-the-go options


11. Berries and cherries with seeds, cacao nibs, nut butter – I like to use frozen raspberries and cherries and top them with hemp seeds, cacao nibs, and a drizzle of tahini


12. Fresh papaya (or mango or pineapple) drizzled with coconut butter and sprinkled with cinnamon for a tropical twist


13. Brownies made with nut/seed flours – try these Dark Chocolate Superfood Brownies


14. Guacamole and fresh cucumber, jicama, or plantain chips or try sweet potato “nachos


15. Chia seed puddings topped with fresh fruit – try this Mango Coconut Chia Parfait or this Blended Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding.


Original article and pictures take redandhoney.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий