пятница, 26 января 2007 г.

18 of the Best Ever Clean Eating Recipes for Kids and Kids at Heart

18 of the Best Ever Clean Eating Recipes for Kids and Kids at Heart

I have 18 of the best ever clean eating recipes for kids and kids at heart. I have plenty to choose from for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks and YOUR kids will love eating them. If your family is on a Clean Eating diet, it can be difficult to find recipes that children can and will eat. I hope this list for is useful to you and your family.


Clean Eating Recipes for Kids

I also have links to other recipes that I think kids like, at least mine do, that I think will be helpful to you. One way I get my children to eat foods they wouldn’t normally eat is to give them healthy options when they are hungry. For example, when they are starving and you’re making dinner and you may be tempted to say they shouldn’t eat anything before dinner. Tell them the only thing they can have before dinner are vegetables. When I do that, if my kids are hungry enough, they chow down on mini carrots and snap peas. No forcing required.


I have found that kids prefer foods that are simple, not spicy or hard to chew. My kids really like finger foods maybe because they are easier to eat and they don’t have to use a fork or spoon. I know kids that don’t like anything mixed together like a casserole. If I serve them the main ingredients of the casserole separately they will eat them just fine.


That’s why I tried to find recipes like that, that your kids will love too. Of course kids always want sweets but if the sweets are clean and don’t have too much unhealthy sugar in them, I say why not. That’s why clean sweets are better than others because the sugar in clean eating recipes are a little healthier than white sugar. Some of these clean recipes use fruit in place of sugar, now that’s a win win situation for us as parents and the kids. I love most of these too.


My kids favorites listed here are for pizza, cookies and ice cream. My daughter’s most favorite is the taco soup. They are all wonderful, taste great and are actually healthy. Go ahead give them all a try.


I hope you enjoy these and I hope you can find several that become your favorites.


If you like these Clean Eating Recipes for Kids or Kids at Heart, you may also like these recipes.


Clean Eating Lunch Ideas and Recipes for Kids Lunch Boxes


Clean Eating Recipes for Kids or Kids at Heart


9 Clean Eating Kid’s Dinner Recipes


Clean Eating Kid's Dinner Recipes

Whole Wheat Macaroni – Butternut Squash – Whole Wheat Flour – Milk – Cheddar Cheese – Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs


This is not your typical macaroni and cheese. It has added butternut squash which makes it so you don’t need as much cheese, plus it makes it way more healthy. My kids gobble it up and don’t even care or realize how healthy it is.


Whole Wheat Flour – Whole Wheat Pizza Dough or You could use this Clean Eating Pizza Crust Recipe – Clean Beef Hot Dogs


Kids love anything with hot dogs in them. Now you can make them pigs in a blanket and they can eat healthy. Yes, clean hot dogs really do exist. They should have them at your local health food store. We like the Applegate brand. That makes this recipe super super easy.


This taco soup is so so easy to make and it’s still clean. You just open a bunch of cans of beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce, add some spices and ground beef and you’re done. Let it simmer for a few minutes and BAM dinner is ready just like that.


This chili recipe is also really quick and easy to make. If you can open a can of beans, you’ve got it made. Ha ha, get it. Seriously all you do is open a bunch of different kinds of cans of beans and throw them and some spices and ground beef into a pan and let it cook a few minutes and you’re done.


Clean Eating Pizza Crust made with Spelt Flour – Ground Beef – Tomatoes – Cheese – Clean Classic Marinara Sauce


Taco pizza is seriously so good. I don’t understand why pizza places don’t include it on their menu. They are really missing out but you don’t have to. You can make your own and it will be clean too.


6. Meatloaf Muffins – Clean Eating Recipes


Tomatoes – Tomato Paste – Onion – Carrots – Mushrooms – Zucchini – Ground TurkeyGround Pork – Tomato Sauce – Coconut Flour


Kids love their own individual meatloaf. That’s why kids love these meatloaf muffins so much. It’s a really good idea. It’s also a great way to get your kids to eat a good healthy meal. They are packed with meat and vegetables and oh, so tasty.


Kids love muffins and kids love pizza so when you combine the two they are going to really be excited to eat these. The fact is if I want to eat any of these when I make them I need to be really quick or they will disappear really fast around my house. I like them warm best so that makes it easy for me to grab some before they are gone.


Ground Beef or Turkey – Whole Milk – Whole Grain Macaroni – Cheddar Cheese – Hamburger Helper Mix


Included is a recipe for homemade hamburger helper mix to replace those chemical filled mixes you buy in the store. Did you know that cheddar cheese is colored with Annatto seed and not colored with food coloring so it is easily clean eating.


This is easy to make, contains no refined flour and sweetened naturally with honey. Great if you’re trying to cut out refined flour in your diet.


9 Clean Eating Kid’s Dessert Recipes


Clean Eating Kid's Dessert Recipes

This is a relatively healthy treat that as a family we like to eat. It is particularly good for my son because he is trying to limit his dairy intake. He likes this copycat recipe almost as much as he like regular ice cream. This is a lot healthier for the whole family.


2. Baked Donuts – Grounded and Surrounded


Gluten-Free Flour Blend – Xanthan Gum – Stevia Powder – Applesauce – Almond Milk – Greek Yogurt – Coconut Sugar – Sprinkles


This recipe took six months to be perfected. But I have to say they are not exactly like bakery bought doughnuts. My kids are used to eating healthy most of the time so they gobble them up. But if your kids are used to healthy homemade desserts they may not like them as much as mine do.


3. Strawberry Watermelon Lime Popsicles – One Lovely Life


Watermelon – Strawberries – Lime


These healthy, bright fresh watermelon popsicles are a really great choice for a warm weather treat. They are made with one hundred percent fruit and help balance your electrolytes naturally.


Coconut OilCoconut Palm SugarApplesauceWhole Wheat Flour – Use Old Fashioned Oats in place of Quick-Cooking Oats – Chia Seed – Mini Chocolate Chips


When I have time to make homemade cookies my kids love it when I make these. They are full of only wholesome ingredients. I put these cookies in my kids school lunches. I also like to serve them for a healthy treat or an after school snack.


You only need four ingredients and sugar is not one of them. You can even use over ripe bananas if you want to. This ice cream is even healthy because it is made with fruit and of course it’s dairy-free.


If you think the oats need to be smaller to make these cookies taste better. All you have to do is zap the old fashioned oats in the blender for a few seconds and you’ll have much smaller oats. Just don’t zap them too long or you’ll have oat flour. Old fashioned oats are way healthier because they haven’t been processed as many time as quick oats. That’s why they are bigger.


This ice cream is made with coconut milk which makes it really creamy plus it’s dairy-free. The bananas and strawberries make it sweet and flavorful and the rhubarb give it a little tangy kick. Five ingredients that are all good and natural makes it’s both easy to make and healthy.


Sweet Potato – Eggs – Spelt Flour – Chocolate Chips – Coconut Milk


These sweet potato brownies will at least give your kids one serving of vegetables for the day. Seriously the sweet potatoes help make these brownies moist and yumilicious. I just made that work up:) They a super decadent and oh so soft. Topped with ganache frosting made with only coconut milk and chocolate chips. So easy even the kids can make them.


Eggs – Sucanat Sugar – Whole Wheat Pastry Flour


I bet my kid’s would love it if I made these for them! Plus, these don’t have that many ingredients. Better yet, I should have my children make them for themselves. That would be a fun idea.


Conclusion:


I hope your kids really like these recipes. I know that mine do. They helped me choose which ones I should use for the post.


Original article and pictures take utydo2efewt2d3smc28v86ht-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий