среда, 23 мая 2007 г.

27 Recipes You Can Make Ahead for Your Lunch Box, Plus Easy Fruit and Veggie Add-Ons

27 Recipes You Can Make Ahead for Your Lunch Box, Plus Easy Fruit and Veggie Add-Ons

Before we talk about your lunch box, let me just ask:


Do you ever get sick of hearing me talk about eating more and more and more fruits and vegetables? I am…not even sorry. I believe in the Great Pumpkin (eating it, of course), and all the other Great Fruits and Vegetables our bodies are screaming for. I believe in this even more than I believe in eating real butter, and I believe you and I both know how misty-eyed I get over a stick of butter. Now let’s all grab a cucumber with a little homemade ranch and keep chatting, shall we?


love and butter

Several of you have seen this card and thought of me. Yes, yes, and yes.


Packing a lunch can become a little boring day after day, right? A sandwich, chips, maybe carrots or an apple…ho hum. I like that combo every once in a while, but I have some exciting news for you: Packing a clementine and some sweet peppers is just as easy as packing an apple and carrots. Walk around the produce department a few minutes and just see what all you can find to liven up your lunches (whether you pack them to-go or not).


The Make-Ahead Lunch Box

Since beginning our Make-Ahead Lunch Box series, I’ve shared 12 fun recipes.


That’s a dozen new lunch box ideas that do not involve a package of lunch meat or a carrot stick.



Now, here are 15 more recipe ideas you should look through.


These have been on my website for quite some time. All of the ideas will work great to make ahead, then pull out to pack for a lunch:



Don’t forget our newest challenge: Add Spinach to Everything! With many of the 27 recipes listed above, you can add spinach for extra nutrients.


27 Real Food Make-Ahead Lunch Box Recipes

Now let’s look at good fruit and veggie add-ons. I listed apples and carrots first, because those are a given. But wait till you see all the other fun options to give your lunch box some life!


  • Apples
  • Carrots
  • Bananas
  • Clementines
  • Oranges
  • Applesauce
  • Peach Cups (100% juice)
  • Grapes
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Sweet Peppers
  • Side Salad
  • Blueberries
  • Sliced Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Blackberries
  • Sliced cucumbers
  • Celery
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Pears

That’s 20 yummy possiblities. I’m sure you have thought of others I didn’t mention.


This has been on my mind lately as basketball season is starting up again at our house. This means that many weekends now through March, we will be on the road. We don’t mind eating out here and there, but to save money and to pack in the nutrition, I’ve been brainstorming options for food we can pack to-go.


Hearing your ideas always inspires me – so leave comments to share how you pack a healthy lunch box. Also, fill in the blank: There is little in life that could not benefit from a little love, a little time and _____________________________. How would you finish that phrase?! :)


Original article and pictures take heavenlyhomemakers.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий