четверг, 6 ноября 2008 г.

8 Quick & Healthy Breakfast Ideas To Start the School Year Right

8 Quick & Healthy Breakfast Ideas To Start the School Year Right
8 Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas to Start the School Year Right
8 Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas to Start the School Year Right

6K+


Well summer, it’s been fun. A slower pace, more leisurely breakfasts, relaxed mornings — it’s all been great. Now it’s time to get back into a routine, and I’m going to need to pick up the pace just a little bit.


But so help me, I will not trade relaxed, happy mornings for a frantic frenzy. Stressfully trying to figure out a harried breakfast, or compromising with foods that are expensive or less-than-nourishing is not an option. So how can we get school day mornings off to a great start?


Have a Plan


Healthy breakfasts that hit the table quickly rarely happen without a little forethought. It doesn’t need to be elaborate, it doesn’t need to take much time. Simply think ahead toward what will be filling and nourishing for your family. Make a list of some favorites. Here are some of ours:


    • Scrambled Egg Sandwiches, served with fruit smoothies

blueberry_waffle

Pull It Out of the Freezer


So many great (and inexpensive) breakfast foods can be made ahead of time and frozen for healthy convenience. Taking time once or twice a month to prepare food ahead of time for the freezer allows me to quickly pull something tasty out to reheat on the fly, without taking time out of our busy morning to dirty mixing bowls, pots, and pans. Some of our favorite breakfast freezer foods are:


If you haven’t tried freezing muffin batter so that you can quickly bake muffins without any effort, you’ve got to try it. It’s my favorite time saving, freezer cooking method yet!


Make it the Night Before


I have found that while I’m making dinner for my family in the evening, I often have a few extra minutes while I wait for water to boil, meat to brown, or vegetables to steam. During those few minutes, I try to do some prep work toward our breakfast for the next morning.


I can crack open eggs for a casserole, stir together muffins, mix together dry ingredients for pancakes — anything that will save me time and effort on a busy morning! And I’ve found that if I’ve got the oven on to bake our dinner, if I have room, I may as well bake something for tomorrow’s breakfast too.


No time to make breakfast in the evening? How about after you get the dinner dishes cleaned up, you set out bowls, spoons, and Homemade Grape Nuts Cereal or some of Money Saving Mom®’s Homemade Instant Oatmeal for a quick breakfast the next day?


What do you do to make healthy breakfasts simple at your house? Here’s to a great school year, a fresh start, and many a delicious breakfast!


Laura Coppinger and her husband are raising four boys, ages 8-16. Their homeschool mornings often begin with a hearty breakfast such as described above, which keeps her hungry crew full until lunchtime — usually! Laura blogs at HeavenlyHomemakers.com where she encourages women daily in their effort to: eat simple, whole foods; enjoy family life; be grateful; and laugh at the spilled buttermilk and flying nerf darts.


Original article and pictures take moneysavingmom.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий