пятница, 7 августа 2009 г.

Blended Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding

Blended Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Sometimes, you just want to enjoy a treat that doesn't make you feel guilty. Or yucky. Or fat. Or in a diabetic coma from pounding your system with truckloads of sugar. I know, I know - I'm so high-maintenance. Thankfully, this recipe fits the bill perfectly!

Sometimes, you just want to enjoy a treat that doesn’t make you feel guilty. Or yucky. Or fat. Or in a diabetic coma from pounding your system with truckloads of sugar. I know, I know – I’m so high-maintenance.


We’re in a season of needing to take the ‘path of least resistance’ with our diet, so I’m not personally eating dairy-free at the moment. I do know that my body doesn’t tolerate dairy amazingly well, however, so I tend to limit my intake to cheese, yogurt, and butter.


I like to use non-dairy milks (except for soy, which is on my avoid-like-the-plague list, like margarine, trans-fat, and MSG) whenever I am making something that calls for milk.


I’ve tried many non-dairy milks on the market today, and I’ve even made my own almond milk and coconut milk from scratch, however in busy seasons I tend to buy it from the store instead.


Silk is one of my favorite brands to buy because it doesn’t contain carageenan – a controversial additive linked with intestinal and gut damage. I also love that it’s non-GMO.



When those treat cravings hit and I need something sweet to stuff in my face ASAP (patience is not my strong suit), I often turn to this recipe. It’s lightly sweetened with real maple syrup, thickened with the incredible, magical chia seeds, and rounded out with a splash of vanilla extract (I make my own).


The base for all of this is Silk’s incredible new creamy cashew milk. It’s seriously the creamiest non-dairy milk I’ve ever tasted – perfect for recipes that require a touch of decadence, like this one.


This recipe has just five ingredients, and other than letting it set for a while in the fridge, it pretty much whips up in a jiffy. (Good golly, do cool people say “jiffy” anymore? What is a jiffy, anyway? I have no idea. Roll with it.)


I know that a lot of chia seed “puddings” are not blended – the chia seeds remain whole. I don’t love the mouthfeel of the goobery chia seeds all puffed up. The texture just does not agree with me. Easy solution: blend it up, baby! I get the best consistency when I grind the chia seeds ahead of time, but you can try skipping that step if you want. Let me know how it turns out, if you do.


Here’s the super-duper easy and fast (more or less) recipe that I love:


Blended Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding


4 tablespoons ground chia seeds

2 cups cashew milk

1/3 cup maple syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 tablespoons cocoa


Directions:


1. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender (I used a vitamix) and blend on high for 1 minute.


2. Pour into small serving dishes, like ramekins, and refrigerate for an hour or more. (The longer it’s refrigerated, the more “set” it will be. Try overnight for less jiggle!)


3. Suggested toppings: whipped cream, berries, chocolate shavings


Check out the Silk Canada facebook page for more creamy goodness!


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.


Looks delicious! In case you didn't know though, the original cashew milk is sugar sweetened. It's the "Unsweetened" you need to get if you really want this recipe to be only sweetened with maple syrup. :)


Original article and pictures take redandhoney.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий