среда, 28 октября 2009 г.

Cherry Mango Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie.

Cherry Mango Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie.

This cherry mango anti-inflammatory smoothie is a healthy and beautiful way to start the day!


Cherry mania is going on full force over here these days…I can’t stop buying them! My favorite thing to do right now is to pit them, and then freeze them to use in smoothies.


anti-inflammatory smoothie

Did you know that cherry pits actually contain cyanide? And that the cyanide isn’t released unless the pit is crushed?


Well, about that…the other day I was merrily drinking a smoothie that I had made and I sucked up some pieces of pit through my straw. I guess a pit or two remained inside the cherries I had pitted, and my blender was strong enough to grind them up. I actually wound up calling poison control (Over a smoothie! Lol! Right?) and found out that the amount of cherry pit pieces was not enough to cause any harm. But they did tell me to throw the smoothie out. So always make sure you double-check for pits!


A delicious and tasty anti-inflammatory smoothie made with cherries and mango. #healthyrecipe #vegan

I love including sweet cherries in my smoothies because they have been shown to help with sleep, as they contain melatonin, and they also can help reduce inflammation. Mangoes are great for strengthening your immune system as they are high in vitamins A and C, and they are also full of antioxidants that help prevent cancer.


Cherries + mangoes = one healthy, delicious, anti-inflammatory smoothie! Of course you can just blend everything up together if you wish, I just separated it because it looks prettier.


A colorful and healthy anti-inflammatory smoothie made with mangoes and cherries. #antioxidants #smoothie
Print

vitamin packed smoothie

Have you ever had to call poison control over a recipe?


Original article and pictures take i0.wp.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий