понедельник, 25 октября 2010 г.

Coco Honey Fat Bombs – GAPS-Legal

Coco Honey Fat Bombs – GAPS-Legal

I may receive a commission if you purchase through links in this post. - Danielle


Coco Honey FAT BOMBS - GAPS-legal

Fat is Phat


Well, well. Here you are reading a post with the words FAT BOMBS in the title. Bravo for you!!


Yes, dear friends, if you weren’t already aware: SATURATED FAT is GOOD for you. Our bodies need fat! I’d love to chase the saturated fat rabbit, but that’s not why I’m here today. If you’re interested in further reading on saturated fat and its health benefits, check out these articles:


>> Why Saturated Fat is Here to Stay


>>The Saturated Fat Myth Debunked in Two Minutes and Thirty-Five Seconds


>>The Skinny on Saturated Fat


>>And More Saturated Fat Benefits


Coconut Oil – My Fave Fat


This leads me to coconut oil- my favorite fat. I don’t even know where to begin when I talk about this fat. Coconut oil is healthy and it’s oh so delicious, too.


Aside from the amazing flavor it adds to smoothies, popcorn, and muffins, it boasts a myriad of benefits. Coconut oil is:


  • antiviral
  • antibacterial
  • antifungal
  • kills parasites
  • gives a clean energy boost
  • improves insulin secretion
  • increases metabolic rate
  • aids in digestion
  • increases absorption of vitamins
  • softens skin (makes a great, all-natural moisturizer)
  • and so much more

Coconut oil is also a help for those on the GAPS diet. Since it aids in digestion, it helps relieve constipation, something that occurs frequently on the GAPS diet and needs to be avoided.


That being said, since coconut oil is so powerful, it is imperative that you start slowly when taking it. It can cause die-off (toxins released when pathogens die in the gut) which is a good thing, but if you do make these, please don’t go overboard and start cramming these babies. You’ll pay for it later. Start with 1/2 or 1 a day.


The first time I ate a fat bomb, I felt a little queasy a bit later. But the next day, my body had adjusted, I had no problems, and I continue to eat 1 or 2 a day. I love ’em.


Also, the honey adds a nice bit of sugar and enzymes, and helps me when I feel my blood sugar getting low.


So without further adieu…


Coco Honey Fat Bombs – GAPS-legal


Ingredients


  • Coco Honey Fat Bombs - GAPS-legal

Equipment


Instructions


  1. Combine coconut oil and honey in blender, and run on low till thoroughly combined. You might need to use a tamper to push the solidified oil around to blend.
  2. Pour into molds or into glass pan and freeze. Store in the freezer for a cool, sweet, fat treat. Easy, just how I like it!

Notes


If you want to put them straight into a glass pan, just cut them into about 1″x1″ squares.


If you’re not interested in freezing in molds and just want the good stuff – by all means, just blend the two together (make sure the coconut oil is not melted) in a bowl with a spoon. Use said spoon to deliver right to your mouth.


Coco Honey FAT BOMBS - GAPS-legal

Enjoy your fat.


Love,


Dandy


Original article and pictures take 0fc5cb92f9783431f3abc5cf-ecffocieq.netdna-ssl.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий