пятница, 15 апреля 2011 г.

DIY Fruity Summer Lip Balm

DIY Fruity Summer Lip Balm
DIY Fruity Summer Lip Balm - R&H top

[Note from Beth: My month-long publishing hiatus is over, and I’m excited to kick things off around here again with an awesome tutorial for luscious fruity lip balm from contributing writer, Cheyenne. I look forward to sharing again, including some things I learned while on my month-long break! I’m also working on a new ebook that I’m excited to share more about soon. :)]


We’re heading into the end of the summer– can you believe it? I, for one, am happy to see it go–it is way too hot here in Texas. But there are things about the summer that I will miss, especially having delicious, juicy, ripe fruit whenever I want it. There’s little better than fresh fruit, am I right?


While I know I can’t have fresh fruit into the fall and winter, I thought maybe I could preserve a little bit of the “feel” of summertime by making myself some fruity summer lip balm that will last me well into the chapped winter months.


It’s so easy and quick to make! Here’s how to do it:


This fruity summer lip balm is so simple to whip up, and it lets you enjoy the scents of fresh fruit all year long!


Ingredients



(If you’re buying a lot of these ingredients for the first time, you’ll be able to use them for many other body care recipes, so consider it an investment!)


Directions



1. Combine the beeswax, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter into a double boiler or (as in my case) a glass measuring cup set carefully in a pan of hot water. Melt the oils and wax together.




2. While the mixture is melting, using a mortar and pestle, grind your freeze-dried fruits into a fine powder. Strain any larger bits using a fine mesh strainer.


3. Once the oil & wax mixture is melted together, take it off the heat and let it cool just a bit before adding your essential oil and the ground fruit powder. Mix all ingredients together.



4. Pour the mixture into small lip balm jars or any other small jar you have. I stuck mine in my fridge for a few hours to hurry the hardening process but once they’re hard you can keep them out at room temperature.



5. Use your balm into the cold months and dream of summer!



Easy peasy, right? And so yummy and fruity! These would make great gifts for teachers for back to school too! Happy end-of-summer!


Original article and pictures take redandhoney.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий