пятница, 1 июля 2011 г.

Easy Grab-and-GO Snacks

Easy Grab-and-GO Snacks


Find some easy grab-and-go snacks that are perfect for a busy schedule!
Find some easy grab-and-go snacks that are perfect for a busy schedule!

We all know the feeling…you have have exactly 14.5 minutes from the time they get off the bus until you need to be in the car on your way to practice or a game. It’s only about 30 seconds before they walk in the door you start to even think about what your evening will entail and a little bit of panic sets in. YOU ARE NOT ALONE (at least I hope I’M not alone)!!


Kids need to eat small meals often. And almost all kids are hungry the second they get home from school, so we need to be prepared with some quick and easy grab-and-go snacks.


One way I try to make it easier on everyone, is to keep a designated basket of snacks in the pantry and a drawer in the refrigerator. This consists of things that my kids know they can have without asking and that they can prepare themselves. Most of the items are already prepackaged and are easy to grab and take with us. Plastic utensils are also great to keep handy.


Keep snacks in one place for easy packing

Since “snacking” happens often around here, I like to TRY and buy things that are healthier. Here are some of the things you will find in our snack basket and refrigerator.


  • Craisins
  • dried fruit
  • apple sauce
  • fruit cups
  • nuts
  • granola and granola bars
  • sausage sticks (OK, not the healthiest but my kids love them!)
  • crackers
  • carrots
  • apples
  • clementines
  • grapes
  • cheese

Quick Grab and go Snacks for busy Moms-1-6

I find it helpful to wash any fruits and vegetables that need to be cleaned right when I get home from the store.


Quick Grab and go Snacks for busy Moms-1-2

For things like grapes, I pull them apart and put them in a freezer bag so my girls can easily grab a handful.


Quick Grab and go Snacks for busy Moms-1-5

One of our favorite snacks is Greek yogurt mixed with crushed pineapple. I usually buy a large container of yogurt and a can of crushed pineapples for a large batch that’s ready to eat. It goes fast in our house!


Quick Grab and go Snacks for busy Moms-1

I top it with granola and it’s delicious!!


Quick Grab and go Snacks for busy Moms-1-4

If we need to take it with us, I put the yogurt and granola in two separate containers and combine them when we are ready to eat.


Quick Grab and go Snacks for busy Moms-1-3

If you missed my post about containers, be sure to check it out!


Container for Transporting Food-1-6

What snacks do you keep on hand?



Original article and pictures take www.sportsmomsurvivalguide.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий