среда, 13 июля 2011 г.

Easy Homemade Chicken Salad

Easy Homemade Chicken Salad

I couldn’t very well make homemade pita bread last week without making Chicken Salad, now could I?


Matt happened to be out of town for two days last week on a soccer trip. The poor guy. All I talked about when he came home was how good the new pita bread recipe ended up and how I’d made chicken salad to go in it and served it all with fresh tomatoes from our garden. And how all four boys scarfed it up and came back for more.


And then I had to tell him that all of it was gone – that we’d saved none at all for him.


Yeah. Welcome home, Dad. ;)


Not to worry. I’ll make him more soon. Have you tried the Whole Wheat Pita Bread recipe yet?


Easy Homemade Chicken Salad

  • 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
  • ½ cup mayonnaise (I use Hain Safflower)
  • 2 Tablespoons pickle relish (I use either homemade pickle relish or an organic variety from Amazon or Vitacost)
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped (optional)

  1. Mix all ingredients together and serve on crackers, on bread, or in pita pockets.

Shucks, get out a fork and eat it plain if you want. It’s good stuff. :)


Recipes and links you might need for your Chicken Salad:


  • Homemade Pickle Relish Recipe
  • Pre-made pickle relish from Amazon or Vitacost


I’m not a fan of hard boiled eggs in my meat salads. You? And you know, if you all leave a comment answering that question, this will make for one of the most exciting blog conversations – ever. :)


You can also use this recipe to make Turkey Salad with turkey leftovers after a holiday meal. This is one of my favorite ways to use up chicken or turkey leftovers! Chicken or turkey salad makes a wonderful convenience food!


Original article and pictures take heavenlyhomemakers.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий