среда, 6 февраля 2013 г.

How I Overcame Fear and Learned to Trust Natural Healing & You can Too

How I Overcame Fear and Learned to Trust Natural Healing & You can Too
trust natural healing

Most of us, including myself, trusted everything we were told about health and healing when we were growing up. Whether the advice came from a doctor, a relative, a college professor, or our own Mother – we believed it, didn't question it, and took the advice. For a long time, the answers to illnesses and health concerns in our society have all come in the form of a prescription or an over the counter medication. For the first 27 years of my life I accepted that medication was the only answer to my health concerns but after not seeing the results I desired time after time – I started asking questions.


Those questions led to a lifelong journey of learning about health and wellness. Since I started this journey it's been a never ending cycle of experimentation with different diets, remedies, healing therapies, and self care routines. Some things worked and some things did not.


I have not taken a prescription medication in over 7 years but there were undeniably a handful of times when I almost did. Sometimes it's scary – especially when it comes to our children. When everyone is telling you to use Children's Tylenol for a fever and your child is clearly uncomfortable it is hard to stick to your beliefs. To be clear, I am certainly not saying that you should not take a prescription medication because there are instances where they are needed (such as Lyme disease and other serious conditions) but I have been lucky to not be in that situation. I was recently reflecting on how I've gotten here – to a place of being confident in natural healing (because I wasn't always this way).


Find a Physician that believes in Natural healing


One of the most impactful things for me has been having the support of a Holistic Pediatrician that believes in a healthy diet and natural healing first. Although it was hard experimenting on myself, it was even harder to do with my children. I didn't ever want my children's health to be left up to an experiment. Having the support of a Holistic Doctor who already knows what works and knows when medication is needed and not needed has been crucial to my transformation. There were times over the years that I've questioned the protocol or I couldn't stand seeing my child feel ill and I want to just give up and buy the over the counter medication but my Pediatrician talked me off the ledge and I stuck to the plan. Every time it has worked and my child has healed by using things that support her immune system instead of masking symptoms and making healing more difficult.


Make friends with people who believe in natural healing


Having a community of Moms around you who also believe in natural healing is invaluable. It's tough to have all “conventional” Mom friends because when you are dealing with an illness their advice is always to give them Tylenol (what's wrong with Tylenol you wonder? Read this post) or decongestant, or any other over the counter medication. It's great to have a few “natural” Moms around to talk to about what is going on with your child for ideas or just support. It really raises my confidence in natural healing when I see others getting results (then I know I'm not crazy). If there is a group in your area – I highly recommend joining The Holistic Moms Network.


Never stop learning


Natural healing and wellness is a journey. I am constantly learning and trying new ways of healing our ailments. Natural healing works but sometimes it takes a little patience and diligence. The frequency and consistency of some remedies is of utmost importance so that is something to always keep in mind – don't give up too quick. Taking courses (especially my education and Institute for Integrative Nutrition), reading books, trying new things, and talking to holistic practitioners are some of the ways I always keep learning about natural healing. The more and more you see the results from natural healing the more your confidence will grow in it's power.


What holds you back from using natural healing methods? What conventional things are you not ready to give up? Share in the comments below.


Original article and pictures take theholisticmama.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий