понедельник, 18 марта 2013 г.

How to Bake Potatoes in a Crock Pot (without foil)

How to Bake Potatoes in a Crock Pot (without foil)

Your crock pot is here, once again, to save the day! Allow me to fill you in on the great and easy way to bake potatoes in a crock pot!


baked_potatoes

In an effort to avoid turning on my oven this week to bake potatoes, it occurred to me that maybe I could bake them in my crock pot. Am I a genius or what?


Or what. My online search told me that others had already been there done that – and blogged about it too. So others are the geniuses, and I am a few years late in learning this wonderful potato baking method.


I will, however, take the credit for figuring out that you don’t have to mess with wrapping each potato in foil. All of the instructions I found online included wrapping each potato lovingly in foil. I tend to skip this extra step in an effort to save time and to avoid putting aluminum on my food. Could foil-less potatoes be baked in a crock pot? I decided to try and see.


I won’t keep you in suspense, because surely you’ve never wondered something so much in your life and the title of this post didn’t give away the answer even a little bit. You can, indeed, throw a plain ol’ potato in the crock pot and let it bake without foil. You don’t even need to poke the potatoes first. It doesn’t get any easier than that.


Bake Your Potatoes in the Crock Pot

Here is the detailed break-down of the oven-less, foil-less, poke-less, practically effort-less crock pot baked potato…


How To Bake Potatoes in a Crock Pot


1. Scrub dirt off of potatoes (I always use red or gold potatoes as they tend to work much better, plus they are more nourishing.)

2. Place potatoes in crock pot

3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender


You can cook as many potatoes as you need. You can use any size or variety of potato. And if possible, I would suggest making extras so that you can use your leftovers to make Homemade Hashbrowns.


How should you serve your baked potato? Well, I personally love mine with lots of butter and sea salt. I’m sure you’re shocked. Sometimes we sprinkle on some cheese and call it lunch, along with a side of veggies and fruit.


But if you really want a good baked potato meal, which is super easy and perfect in the summertime (now that we know how to avoid heating our ovens for this fine item), Taco Potatoes are awesome.


taco_potato_1

Or, how about topping your baked potato with chopped ham, chicken, or turkey, sour cream, shredded cheddar, and broccoli. So, so good.


baked_potato_3

What’s your favorite way to top a baked potato? Ever tried making baked potatoes in the crock pot? Yeah, I bet I know what you’re having for lunch tomorrow…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I always make extra baked potatoes on purpose. Here’s why:


7 Ways to Use Baked Potatoes

Do you love the idea of regularly putting Simple Meals on the table like we do? Become a Simple Meals member and we’ll do all your weekly meal thinking and planning for you! Get all the details here!


728x90

Original article and pictures take heavenlyhomemakers.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий