среда, 2 октября 2013 г.

How to Make Liquid Dishsoap

How to Make Liquid Dishsoap

Using commercial dishsoap has some questionable ingredients and daily dishwashing can dry your hands out.  Use this homemade version to get clean dishes and soft hands ~The Homesteading Hippy #homesteadinghippy #fromthefarm #lesstrash #diy #natural #dishsoap #essentialoils

I don’t currently own a dishwasher.


And, unfortunately, I don’t really get the feeling I will ever see one in my house. The kitchen just wasn’t designed for that, and the amount of money it would take to update it so that I can get a working dishwasher in here, with all new plumbing that could handle it, is not a top priority financially. So, I have to hand wash my dishes. 3 times a day, 4 days a week. My kids get the other 3 days, when they don’t have school, part time jobs, or taekwondo to deal with.


Washing the dishes by hand means that my hands are in the water a lot.


With the commercial dish soaps that are meant to “pull grease out of the way”, they also seem to pull grease and moisture out of my hands. And when I am already dealing with dry skin either due to dry winter air, or being out in the dirt of the garden, having the remaining moisture pulled out of my hands isn’t fun. They can get dry, crack and bleed. Not a pretty picture.


So, one day, while hubby and I were trying to figure out how to cut expenses from the store, I realized that we were almost out of dishsoap


. I hadn’t had time to get there lately, and there wasn’t much more than a sinkload of soap left. So, me being ME, I set out to do what I do best. Make do with what I had. I grabbed my castile soap, essential oils, and an empty hand soap bottle and began to mix it up.


What I came up with makes my dishes sparkle, and keeps my hands soft


I used 1/4 cup of castile soap 1 cup of water, and 3 drops of

lemon essential oil. To use, just swish it around, and add 5-8 squirts into a sink of hot water. This will NOT get all bubbly like “regular” dishsoap, but it works very well.


What do you use to wash dishes? Pin this to your favorite board for later!



stocks and broth newsletter

Original article and pictures take thehomesteadinghippy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий