четверг, 21 ноября 2013 г.

How to Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer

How to Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer

Over the counter hand sanitizer usually has a high content of alcohol and can be very drying to your hands.


Of course, there is always the question of whether or not it’s really safe, as your skin absorbs whatever is put on it as well. Do you need another lecture or talk on the issues with trioclosan?


Avoid the harsh chemicals and make your own hand sanitizer with all natural ingredients ~The Homesteading Hippy #homesteadhippy #fromthefarm #essentialoils #diy

I like to have hand sanitizer with me, especially for the kids at TaeKwondo. They are on the same mats with their hands as their feet, and germs can spread like wildfire. Ugh! So, I have learned how to make my own and now I will share with you the recipe that I like the most for making your own hand sanitizer.

You’ll need just a few simple ingredients. That is per the usual around here. I don’t like to make things that are complicated, and I am sure that most of you don’t either. Keeping it simple, keeping it real is what I am about.


Anyway, gather these:


  • 1/4 cup of pure water

  • (the citrus oil is the anti microbial part…if you don’t like the scent of grapefruit, you could use lemon, lime, or sweet orange and get the same results)


    Now, for the difficult part.


    Stand on your head, swirl around and say “clean hands for everyone” while cooking all the ingredients to a roaring 3000° degrees. Oh, wait…that’s a different recipe. Sorry about that. What you REALLY need to do is just combine all the ingredients in a glass spray bottle. Label with all the ingredients, and shake each time before use. To use, simple shake, and spray each hand one time. Allow to air dry. Store at room temperature. I actually have a bottle in my purse at all times for taekwondo, or trips the museums or such. I am not afraid of germs, but when you can’t wash your hands after touching something, it’s nice to be able to feel a bit cleaner.


    BE SURE TO PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE BOARD FOR LATER



    stocks and broth newsletter

    Original article and pictures take thehomesteadinghippy.com site

    Комментариев нет:

    Отправить комментарий