вторник, 10 июня 2014 г.

Jet Pack

Jet Pack

Toddler Moose (my reluctant model here) can spend hours "flying" around the house. I asked him if he's like some assistance in flight. He lifted his shirt, pointed to his bellybutton and said, "I put the gas in here, Mommy." Then he turned around and pointed to his bum. Then he giggled "It falls out here!"


Well, if that isn't a conundrum I don't know what is. So, I developed this jet pack to help him with his leaky gas issues.



Step 1: Spray plastic bottles with plastic primer (I used Krylon Fusion). Let dry.


Step 2: Spray bottles with your favorite silver spray paint (doesn't have to be plastic specific.) Let dry.


Step 3: Adhere bottles to a piece of cardboard, approximately the width of the bottles next to each other. Let dry.


Step 4: Use ribbon to create backpack-like straps. Adhere. (I used duct tape. That shiz works for everything!)


Step 5: Cut crepe paper strips to create flames. Glue the tops of the strips to another piece of crepe paper. Let dry.


Step 6: Accordion fold the top strip of the flames. Glue to the inside of the bottle tops (which are actually the bottom of the jetpack.) Let Dry.


Step 7: Run around the house making flying sounds with your mouth (or let your kid handle this step)


Moose Tracks:


I used the 1.25 liter bottles of Coke products that can be found for about a buck at most big box stores. They have a cool shape, if you ask me. the straight cylinders of 2liter bottles work just as well.


I cut the tips of the crepe paper to make it look more like flames. Toddler Moose doesn't really appreciate that touch, but it makes me feel better about it.


Original article and pictures take pinnedit.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий