пятница, 17 октября 2014 г.

Maple Vanilla Ice Cream

Maple Vanilla Ice Cream
Cool and creamy ice cream with a touch of maple syrup and vanilla extract makes for a special treat anytime! The Homesteading Hippy #homesteadinghippy #fromthfarm #icecream #rawmilk #recipe

Even in winter, my family can consume ice cream by the gallon.


The store bought ice cream has really cool reusable buckets, but the ingredients in there are not what I want to feed them, especially on a regular basis. My wonderful hubby helped me solve the problem, and we went ahead and purchased the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer.


Here is the recipe I used:



2 1/2 cups of raw milk


2 1/2 cups of raw cream


1 cup pure maple syrup


8 egg yolks


1 tsp. vanilla


1/2 tsp salt


First, I mixed the cream and milk together.


You don’t have to really use cream and milk, you can just use milk if you want, making it 5 cups. The cream does add an extra bit of creamy texture to it, though. Also, you really don’t have to use raw milk, you CAN use store bought milk, and I promise I won’t look Then, I stirred up the egg yolks.



Added vanilla and salt to the yolks and then mixed into the milk/cream mixture.



Poured into the ice cream freezer. 20 minutes later and viola! Homemade ice cream!



Now, I should really tell you that the original recipe calls for simmering the cream, milk and eggs together, then chilling for several hours.


If you choose to use store bought eggs, you might want to consider that route. Since I am not afraid of raw eggs from my chickens (I know how and what they are fed) then I don’t worry about that step. All the ingredients are already well chilled, so I just pour it in. The original recipe also calls for “ripening” the ice cream in the freezer for a few hours, but I am not able to get my family to understand that, so they eat it soft serve style. It’s still really good, just a bit runnier.


Be sure to pin this to your favorite board for later!


Cool and creamy ice cream with a touch of maple syrup and vanilla extract makes for a special treat anytime! The Homesteading Hippy #homesteadinghippy #fromthfarm #icecream #rawmilk #recipe

stocks and broth newsletter

Original article and pictures take thehomesteadinghippy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий