четверг, 26 марта 2015 г.

Nutrition DOES Make a Difference in Oral Health

Nutrition DOES Make a Difference in Oral Health
Nutrition DOES Make a Difference in Oral Health @learningandyearning

My entire life I have been prone to cavities. My mom cooked nice meals, but I was also allowed to over-indulge in sugary treats. When I married, I began to change some of my eating habits as I’ve talked about in my post My Clean Food Journey. As I mentioned in that post, I haven’t craved or eaten much in the way of sugary foods in a long, long time. And I’ve eaten whole grains and lots of vegetables for years. Despite that, I still frequently got cavities. At my last dentist appointment two years ago (I always mean to go every year), I had 6 cavities. Yikes! They were each very small, but still. Six cavities! So, I had a dentist appointment recently and I dreaded it. But guess what? No cavities! As the hygienist cleaned my teeth, she kept marveling. “I can’t believe you haven’t had your teeth cleaned in two years. Whatever you’re doing, keep doing it.” Not only did I not have cavities, I had very little plaque build up. The other difference I found was that I usually experience some sensitivity when my teeth are being cleaned, and I had very little this time.


What could have made the difference? I am now convinced that eating according to Weston A. Price Foundation principles can work wonders. For about three years now, we have been purchasing all of our meat, eggs and raw milk from local farms who raise their animals on pasture without antibiotics and hormones. I didn’t begin immediately, but I now make broth from the bones of these animals, and I eat butter, lots of good quality butter.


It has been just about two years that I have been properly preparing grains, nuts and seeds. I soak my oatmeal overnight in water and lemon juice. I only use sprouted flour. (Sourdough and soaking flour are also acceptable methods). I soak nuts and seeds in a salt water brine and then dehydrate them before eating. All of this preparation helps to assure that I’m getting the minerals my body needs from these otherwise difficult to digest foods.


DISCLOSURE: In order for me to pay my blogging expenses, I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement and/or link to products mentioned on this blog. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


And for the past year, I have been making yogurt and culturing vegetables as a way of preserving them and a way to add beneficial bacteria to my diet. I’ve also begun to use coconut oil, eat liver and take fermented cod liver oil. (I don’t credit the cod liver oil since I’ve only been taking it a short while). Is it possible that all of this is why my teeth were now in such good condition?


I haven’t changed how I’m caring for my teeth, except that I’ve been either making my own toothpaste, or buying more natural brands.


My dentist is Dr. Blanche Grube and she was a speaker recently at the HealThy Mouth Summit, (she mentions me in her talk when she’s asked about highlights of her career!) along with 20 other amazing speakers. The Summit consists of over 20 hours of expert presentations from the leading biological dentists, doctors, nutritionists and authors from around the world! A few of the speakers are parents who have found that a diet similar to the one I’ve been following has healed cavities in their children. Find out more about the Summit here.


Have you seen a change in your oral health after changing your diet?


Original article and pictures take learningandyearning.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий