пятница, 24 июля 2015 г.

Real (Healthy!) Meal Ideas for Toddlers from a Real Mom

Real (Healthy!) Meal Ideas for Toddlers from a Real Mom

It’s easy to get stuck in a carrots and apple rut when feeding your kids healthy meals. I hope this list inspires you to shake things up with real (healthy!) meal ideas for toddlers and preschoolers from a real mom.


Was it just me or did everyone have an image of how they’d be when they became a mom? I knew I would have endless patience, spend hours planning elaborate arts and crafts, and of course I’d make sure to take the time to cut cheese into shapes to make adorable scenes on their plates. My kids would think I was the coolest as I placed their breakfast in front of them– tadaaa!


kix bumblebee snack on kixcereal.com

source


Fast forward to today and though I’d tell you I love being a mom more than I ever could have imagined, the perfection fantasy has long since flown out the window. I admire and aww at the incredible meal creations others make look so easy, but beyond a raisin stuck on some peanut butter’d celery and an occasional Mickey Mouse pancake, there isn’t much effort put into cutesy presentation around here.


However, I still believe in good food and in hopes of staying free from the dreaded meal rut, I wanted to compile a visual reference of real meals my 2 year old and 4 year old have been eating and enjoying lately.


real toddler meal ideas

Breakfast


toddler-breakfast.jpg

Peanut butter waffle bites with syrup to dip. Blueberries and strawberries on the side.


toddler-meal-22-months-old-quick-breakfast.jpg

Oatmeal with blueberries and nectarines. Half a cream cheese sandwich on the side.


toddler meals healthy (5 of 9)

Cheese grits with fried egg and tomato.

More tomato of the side since separation is sometimes key!


kid breakfast 3
Scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese, buttered toast, banana slices.

Lunch


toddler meals healthy (4 of 9)

Ham and cheese tortilla rolls, cheery tomatoes, oranges, graham cracker squares, shelled pistachios and an Adora chocolate disk.


toddler meals healthy (8 of 9)

Cheese and cracker sandwiches, grapes, arugula salad with goat cheese crumbles (dip into a dressing).


toddler meals healthy (3 of 9)

Ham and cheese tortilla rolls, blueberries, carrot pieces, yogurt, and fruit gummies.


kid lunch 1

Greek quinoa, crackers with hummus, and applesauce.


Dinner


toddler meals healthy (1 of 9)

Hamburger bites, roasted Brussels sprouts, corn on the cob, and a pickle.


toddler meals healthy (6 of 9)

Mexican rice and beans, grilled chicken, avocado, and red pepper.


toddler meals healthy (9 of 9)

Leftover lasagna filling with garlic toast, roasted sweet potatoes, garlic and lemon green beans, and nectarine pieces.


toddler meals healthy (7 of 9)

Greek lamb burger with ranch, steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and dill pickle sauerkraut.


toddler meals healthy (2 of 9)

Shrimp and linguine with a garlic and parsley butter sauce with roasted asparagus.


munchkin-meals-salmon_thumb.jpg

Bourbon and brown sugar salmon (a kid favorite!), with broccolini, and roasted Yukon and Sweet potatoes.


I believe that healthy food doesn’t have to be complicated. We eat a lot of simple meals and get the girls involved in the process. This helps my even more “selective” eater, Kaitlyn (2), get excited about enjoying healthy food.


Moms, weigh in!


What are some of your kids’ favorite meals lately?


I know I’m always looking to shake things up too!


For more healthy kid recipes and food talk, visit my Munchkin Meals page!


Original article and pictures take www.ahealthysliceoflife.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий