вторник, 11 августа 2015 г.

Real Food I Consistently Buy at Walmart

Real Food I Consistently Buy at Walmart

I’m writing a small series of posts to share what groceries I purchase from each of my favorite stores – either online, co-op, or from brick and mortar grocery stores. I recently shared about the groceries I buy from Aldi and groceries I order from Amazon. Today I’ll tell you about the real food groceries I often buy at Walmart!


groceries feb 174

I know many people strongly dislike shopping at Walmart. But for me, it is one of two options in my small town. I have the choice of shopping at our one local grocery store (which is quite a bit more expensive and does not always have great quality produce) or Walmart. The produce selection at our Walmart is usually pretty good, plus I can price-match great deals from stores an hour away like Aldi and Fresh Thyme Market.


So Walmart it is, almost every week. Typically I’ve found the quality of their produce to be very good! And they even carry several organic options.


Real Food Groceries I Buy at Walmart

What do I buy at Wal-Mart?


A cart full, you can bet on it. :)


groceries june 17

~ Fresh Fruits and Vegetables


I look at Pricematcherz.com each week and take advantage of all the deals from stores in Lincoln. I get amazing deals on fresh produce this way, and I am so thankful for this!


groceries819

~ Frozen Veggies as Needed


Typically I buy frozen veggies from Azure Standard. But since that order only comes once each month, I buy (non-organic) from Walmart in the meantime to fill in gaps.


~ Chicken


Our Wal-mart carries a “natural” brand of chicken at a very reasonable price. I often find it marked down and buy every bit of it when it’s available at the discount. But even if it isn’t discounted, the price is still good. I can get whole chickens as well as boneless thighs and breasts. Boneless thighs are my absolute favorite!


groceries august17

~ Cream and Half-and-Half


No it’s not organic. Yes we go through a lot of it.


~ Colby Jack Cheese


Our Walmart has Joseph Farms brand that is a great price and made from cows that are not given hormones. I usually buy 2-3 of these four-pound hunks of cheese each month. We shred it all in our food processor and keep it in these bowls with lids to pull out and use as needed.


~ Day-Old Bread on the Mark-Down Cart


I always check this cart to see if their French or Italian bread is available for $0.53. If so, I grab a few loaves so my boys can make Pizza Boats for a quick lunch or so we’ll have it on hand to serve guests. No it’s not very nutritious. But it makes a nice side for an otherwise nutritious meal, and our guests enjoy it slathered in butter!


~ Hormel Naturals Lunch Meat


If we need sandwiches to take on the road for soccer or basketball games, I grab a couple family packs of these.


~ Nitrite Free Hot Dogs


They recently came out with a Walmart brand of hotdogs that I would consider “better for you” and their price is better too. I like to have these on hand for Beanie Weanies once in a while. :)


~ Organic Mixed Greens and Fresh Spinach


The prices on these are great, and actually cheaper than the conventional options! I love how simple these make my life!


groceries feb 173

Are you a Walmart shopper? Does your Walmart still offer Price Matching? What do you frequently buy at Walmart?


Original article and pictures take heavenlyhomemakers.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий