среда, 12 июля 2017 г.

Why I Don’t Sell Essential Oils

Why I Don’t Sell Essential Oils

Here is why I don’t sell essential oils.


It is not uncommon for me to be asked to sell essential oils under one of my blogging friends. I respect many of these ladies who sell oils, but here is why selling essential oils isn't for me.

I’ve been using essential oils for five years. I use them almost every day, and I absolutely love them.


But even though a lot of bloggers sell essential oils, I don’t–and I likely never will.


It is not uncommon for me to be asked to sell essential oils under one of my blogging friends. I respect many of these ladies who sell oils, but here is why selling essential oils isn’t for me:


1. Selling isn’t my passion.


Writing is. Sharing information is. Connecting with you is.


Do I ever sell things on this blog? Well, yes, I do. I sell eBook bundles twice per year as well as my own eBooks, and I occasionally promote products from other bloggers and businesses, but selling on this site is not my primary income stream.


One reason I love blogging so much is that I can still make an income from home without my readers having to spend a penny (you can read about my six income streams here). If I were to rely on selling essential oils, that would not be the case.


essential oils

2. I don’t like pushing just one brand.


If you follow me on social media–especially on Instagram, where I give a more personal peek into my life–you might have seen me use the hashtag #notbrandloyal.


I honestly despise brand wars of all sorts. I prefer to call myself people loyal as opposed to brand loyal.


It wasn’t long after I began using essential oils that I came to realize there is a huge rift between two major essential oils brands.


There are some brands that also claim they have the best of the best oils on the market. I simply do not believe it’s true that there is only one essential oils brand out there that meets the needs of every single family.


For a long time, I remained silent on the issue, but about six months ago I finally decided to make my thoughts about this public in my “essential oils wars” post.


Whenever I hear brand reps speak poorly of another brand, it’s a huge turnoff for me.


Different brands of essential oils

3. I am not a health and wellness expert.


While I do write about a variety of health and wellness topics on this site, I strive to do so from personal experience and research with cited sources. As a former journalist, I see no wrong in me writing about these topics, with the disclaimer that I am not an expert.


However, if I were to sell essential oils, I would feel obligated to spend hours researching and training to make sure I was an expert in the proper usage of essential oils.


Even though I feel comfortable and confident in using essential oils myself and in using them with my family, I would not want to sell a health and wellness product to others unless I were one hundred percent equipped to answer all of their questions.


And, at this point in my life, I simply do not have time for the training I would need to feel qualified enough to do so.


You can learn more about the healthy benefits with the current Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle!



4. I actually enjoy supporting others.


I have many friends who sell essential oils. These are ladies whom I highly respect.


Along with my blog sponsor, Laura, I have several real-life friends who sell essential oils–including our mother’s helper–and I have many other blogging friends who sell them as well.


I am fully aware that I could be making more money by selling essential oils on my site than by referring my readers and friends to others who sell them. But, quite frankly, I do not care.


The Lord has provided for our family’s needs in other ways, and I am excited to be in a position to help grow other moms’ businesses as well.


Ending the Essential Oils Wars

5. Staying sane for my family (and myself!) is more important to me than turning a profit.


Hold onto your seatbelts for this one: I’ve been told I could be making upwards of $30,000/month just on selling essential oils, based on the size of my blog platform.


But you know what? Life is more than money.


My goal is life is not to get rich; it’s to please the Lord and glorify Him.


When I was a teenager, I had the following quote taped to the chest of drawers beside my bed: “Only one life will soon be passed. Only what’s done for Christ will last.”


Right now, I know that I would not be being obedient to God’s calling on my life if I were to sell essential oils, and that is the bottom line.


Over the weekend, I stumbled across a blog post written by a woman who had just given up her successful essential oils business. Why had she? Her business was stealing time and joy from her family life.


This post helped solidify what I’ve been thinking for years: There is only so much of me to stretch, and there is none left right now.


This blogger, Denise, is currently healing from adrenal fatigue, which can be brought on by stress and overcommitment. I am recovering from adrenal fatigue right now as well, and her post resonated with me completely.


Please do not hear me say that every person that sells essential oils is not living in God’s will. To the contrary, God may be calling some of you to sell them.


Maybe the thought of running a blog or writing a book might send you into major stress-out mode, but you would be amazing at selling something like essential oils! Everyone needs to make a living for their family, and I see no wrong in selling something like essential oils to do so–if it’s what God is calling you to do.


But I know for a fact that this is not His will for me right now, and I want to walk in obedience to him.


Besides blogging and my role over at Ultimate-Bundles, I am finishing up a book proposal. These things alone are already more than overflowing my plate.


If I were to take on more, I would be neglecting my family and my health. I have been there, done that with other projects. I don’t want to do it again.


If you want to see why another blogging friend of mine has decided not to sell essential oils, check out Crystal’s post!


essential oils

What Essential Oils Brand I Really Use


I’ve mentioned often that I love using essential oils, but I have not ever formally revealed which brands I use. Until now.


I strive to be completely transparent with you all, so I want you to know that I primarily use DoTerra oils and Plant Therapy oils. Even though I don’t sell essential oils, I have friends who do.


Personally, I started using DoTerra when Laura started sponsoring this site about two years ago, and I fell in love with many of their blends–namely Serenity, DigestZen, Deep Blue, On Guard, and Breathe.


I feel good getting my oils from Laura because her passion is in health education. Her background is actually in health, nutrition, herbs, and wellness.


Selling essential oils allows Laura to achieve her dreams of educating others about natural wellness while also staying home with her children.


One thing that sets Laura apart, for me, is her focus on safe practices. Some reps encourage the liberal oral usage of essential oils, but Laura is much more conservative with this. I also just love her positive and non-pushy attitude!


But I also love and use Plant Therapy oils. One of my local friends sells Plant Therapy, and she turned me onto them.


I feel like Plant Therapy oils are also of a good quality. They are extremely affordable compared to many other brands.


I really respect Megan because she is educated in both conventional and natural methods of healing. She has worked as a registered nurse for many years. Plus, she is a childbirth and postpartum educator and nutrition teacher.


Over the years, I have also tried Aura Cacia, NOW brand, and Young Living. But if you were to come check out my oils stash, you would see mostly DoTerra and Plant Therapy oils.


This is not to say that other brands are not good. However, I want to be honest with you all on which brands I actually use right now.


Do you want to learn more (much more!) about using essential oils and herbs in your home? The Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle is available for 6 days only! It includes $400 worth of handpicked resources for a whopping 92% off! Learn all about the bundle and see what’s included HERE.

But hurry! The sale expires on May 22nd!


Essential Oils Summit


If you are interested in learning more about essential oils, check out the Essential Oils Revolution.

The summit includes talks from 31 essential oils experts!

You can read more about the summit here.

People all over the world are scrambling to find alternative solutions to their health problems. Essential oils are the hottest trend toward discovering health–a trend that’s here to stay. Find out why at The Essential Oils Revolution.


It is not uncommon for me to be asked to sell essential oils under one of my blogging friends. I respect many of these ladies who sell oils, but here is why selling essential oils isn't for me.

Do you use essential oils? What brand essential oils do you use?


Original article and pictures take thehumbledhomemaker.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий