вторник, 25 августа 2009 г.

Blueberry-Banana Green Tea Smoothie

Blueberry-Banana Green Tea Smoothie

This post gives a delicious recipe for a blueberry-banana green tea smoothie that contains lots of wonderful antioxidants.


Green tea supports your immune system, so I like to blend it into my morning smoothie! I added bananas and frozen blueberries to make it creamy and antioxidant-rich!

This week’s healthy homemaker recipe is for a blueberry-banana green tea smoothie!! I’ll be honest. I occasionally drink green tea, but this was the first time I actually tried to make anything with it!



Image by lekyu


This traditional Asian beverage is chock full of antioxidants to both prevent and fight disease!


A Japanese study conducted during the 2008-2009 flu season, found that schoolchildren who consumed 1-5 cups of green tea per day were less likely to develop the flu!


What’s more, various studies have shown green tea to potentially:


  • protect against heart disease,
  • fight cancer,
  • lower cholesterol,
  • prevent diabetes and
  • decrease risk of stroke and dementia (source)

I came up with this smoothie based on what I had on hand! Enjoy!



First, I gathered my ingredients: green tea, almond milk, frozen banana and frozen blueberries.





Original article and pictures take thehumbledhomemaker.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий