вторник, 25 августа 2009 г.

Board Books for Babies.

Board Books for Babies.

Just like most mamas out there, I feel that it’s so important to instill a love of reading in our children from an early age. We have a vast array of board books at our house because I have a terrible time passing up a children’s book marked 50 cents at a library sale or garage sale. In my recent attempt at making our home feel less cluttered, I ran through the bookshelves and moved some out to a bin in the garage so that we have a rotating library. Right now all of our favorite baby board books are easily accessible on the bottom shelf.


Here are a few of our favorites for the very young:


1. Mommy’s Best Kisses – The illustrations of mama and baby animals in this book are gorgeous and the text is very sweet.


2. The Runaway Bunny – One of my favorite classic stories…a little bunny who talks about all the ways he is going to run away, and his mama tells him all the ways she will find him. (Not sure if this is still available as a board book).


3.I See – I love these simple little books by Helen Oxenbury. On each page is a simple and lovely illustration and one word. In this book the child sees the moon, a flower, a plane, and more. Other books in this series include I Hear, I Touch and I Can. It looks as though they are out of print, so if you see them at a thrift store or garage sale, you may want to pick them up.


IMG_6642

4. Flora McDonnell’s ABC – The bright, whimsical illustrations in this book are enjoyable for little readers and bigger readers, too.


IMG_6638

5. My Little Book About God – This book is one of my all time favorites. I would read this to my first born when he was about a year old, and he was comforted by the words. Jane Werner Watson talks about God with such childlike wonder…she manages to convey the vastness of His world and the intimacy of our relationship with him in a way that a young child can understand. I love Eloise Wilkin‘s illustrations, the way she draws both children and animals is innocent and magical. The drawings alone make this book worth picking up.


Books with pictures of babies are always a favorite. We love all of these:


We also really love touch and feel books right now. These are a few that we read again and again:


These are just a few of my favorites for the little readers. What are your favorite books for babies?


Original article and pictures take i0.wp.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий