вторник, 23 августа 2011 г.

EASY! Overnight, No Knead Yeast Bread

EASY! Overnight, No Knead Yeast Bread

No Knead Bread. Let’s make life easier, shall we?


No-Knead Bread

I love having smart friends.


Smart friends who give me great, easy, healthy recipes are my favorite kind of friends. As are my friends who give me chocolate. Or jars. Or hugs. Or the friends who listen to my constant and sometimes nonsensical chatter. And the ones who put up with my unreasonable freak-out moments of stress. And the ones who pray with me. And the ones who deal with me during soccer season when I can’t finish sentences.


Let me just pause and wipe a tear. I really have the best friends ever…


Well now. (stops to loudly blow nose and gain composure) I really brought all that up to say that one of my great friends, Nikki, shared this recipe with me. She’s one of my smart friends who I believe has done all of the above and then some (God bless her).


Once when I was at her house, she let me try some of the bread she had made that morning. It was great! And then she started telling me how she made it. How you don’t have to knead it. How you start it the night before and how it takes about three minutes to mix up. I think I grabbed her neck, hugged her fiercely, and knocked her over when she handed me the recipe. Not really. I truly can control myself. Usually. But hey, there was a great recipe involved, so no guarantees. See, I told you my friends are great to put up with me.


And now, the easiest bread recipe in the world…


  • 3 cups flour (This recipe works a little better with unbleached white flour, but I prefer to use freshly ground hard white wheat so that it is healthier.)
  • ½ teaspoon active rise yeast

Note: You need a covered dish to bake this bread. I found a deep-dish casserole dish with a lid that worked for me, similar to this one. But if I can save up and splurge on this one, would that not be the coolest?


When you mix it and cover it in the evening, it starts out looking like this:



In the morning it will look like this:



After you bake it, it will look like this:



And when you slice it it will look like this:



Once you serve it, it will look like this:


(There’s no picture. The bread is gone. Obviously.)


I highly recommend that you give this recipe a try, and that you consider serving it with this wonderful Calico Beans dish. It’s a wonderful combo!


Original article and pictures take heavenlyhomemakers.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий