пятница, 25 октября 2013 г.

How to Make Sprouted Bean Hummus

How to Make Sprouted Bean Hummus

I love, love, love hummus!


I used to eat it on crackers, tortillas, and pita bread all the time. Of course, being gluten free means that I don’t eat those things as much anymore. Sure, there are gluten free versions, but I have found it’s easier to give those items up completely for now. I just eat a small bowl of it with a spoon now, and it’s just as wonderful as always. I make it much healthier by sprouting the garbanzo beans first, to make them a “living food”. Here’s how I do it:


Love hummus like I do?  Make it even healthier by sprouting the beans first! The Homesteading Hipp

Begin by adding approximately 3 cups of dried beans to a sprouting jar.


You want to make sure to leave enough room for the beans to expand. Soak them overnight. After 12-18 hours, the beans will have expanded to fill the jar like this:


Love hummus like I do? Make it even healthier by sprouting the beans first! The Homesteading Hippy #homesteadhippy #fromthefarm #sprouted #recipes #hummus

Drain the beans, rinse and drain again.


Set the jar at an angle to completely drain the water from the jar. This could take about 10 minutes, but I leave it at an angle for up to 30 minutes. Lay the jar on it’s side to allow the beans to begin to sprout. Repeat this process 2 times a day for 2-3 days, until you see “tails” on the beans.


Love hummus like I do? Make it even healthier by sprouting the beans first! The Homesteading Hippy #homesteadhippy #fromthefarm #sprouted #recipes #hummus

Rinse the beans a final time.


Then, place the beans in a pot large enough to cover with at least 6 inches of water over the beans. Gently simmer the beans for an hour, until tender. Drain completely. In a blender, add 3 cloves garlic, 2 cups of the cooked beans, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt. 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp lemon juice.

Blend until smooth and enjoy!


stocks and broth newsletter

Original article and pictures take thehomesteadinghippy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий