среда, 27 августа 2014 г.

Macaroni and Cheese Casserole that’s Gluten FREE

Macaroni and Cheese Casserole that’s Gluten FREE

Macaroni and Cheese Casserole-This classic gets a new gluten free twist. ~The Homesteading Hippy #homesteadhippy #glutenfree #fromthefarm #recipes

Growing up, we ate a lot of macaroni and cheese out of the blue box.


It was quick and easy to make, and best of all, cheap. It was even more spectacular when there was hot dogs mixed into the noodle concoction as well! Talk about a childhood dream come true! All during my college years, I knew when my mom had gone grocery shopping for me as there was milk, butter and that blue box of happiness all ready for me to make and eat!


Now that I am the mom and trying to feed my family the best food I can, I have forgone the blue box and make macaroni and cheese from scratch.


Of course, the noodles, the flour in the sauce, the bread crumbs all had gluten. My youngest and I are currently gluten free, so the old recipe wasn’t going to work anymore. It needed a bit of tweaking. After many batches of “ummm, no!” I finally got something that would work. It’s delicious and so easy to make! You just need brown rice noodles, gluten free flour, seasonings, bread crumbs, cheese and milk and you are on your way to the ultimate comfort food!!!


This is one of the easiest meals I make for my family, honestly.


It has become our “go to” when nothing else sounds good to eat. My next move is to master making this in a solar oven, or the WonderOven.


Macaroni and Cheese Casserole-This classic gets a new gluten free twist. ~The Homesteading Hippy #homesteadhippy #glutenfree #fromthefarm #recipes

amazonftc

stocks and broth newsletter

Original article and pictures take thehomesteadinghippy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий